This is a private group. To join you must be a registered site member and request group membership.
Functional ecology of gypsum ecosystems package
Evaluate the global mechanisms developed by gypsum plants to survive on gypsum, the functional structure of gypsum plant and lichen communities and the processes regulating gypsum ecosystem functioning.
Sara Palacio (CSIC)
This work package will focus on those regions with better background knowledge of gypsum endemic floras, namely Spain, the Chihuahuan Desert and Iran, and, in some cases, also Turkey and Australia. The extension to other regions may be possible in the later stages of the project, provided gypsum plant and lichen lists are in place (as result of WP 1). This working package consists of three tasks:
Task 3.1.- Evaluate the mechanisms displayed by gypsum plants to cope with the atypical chemical composition of gypsum soils (low nutrient availability, high Ca2+ and SO42- concentrations) and their adaptive value.
Task 3.2.- Evaluate the functional structure of gypsum plant and lichen communities through the analysis of functional traits (FT) using a common protocol.
Task 3.3.- Evaluate key abiotic and biotic processes for gypsum ecosystem function.
Active 2 years, 12 months ago
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) update in relation to the 2nd GYPSUM ECOSYSTEM RESEARCH CONFERENCE
- 2nd Gypsum Ecosystems Research Conference: Second Circular
- GYPWORLD Travel Grant: 2nd Gypsum Ecosystems Research Conference
- 2nd Gypsum Ecosystems Research Conference
- Georgia Chrysostomou visits the gypsum outcrops of Almeria